Civil 3D Training
Duration: 100 Hours
Prerequisites: Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD-based products (Autodesk® Land Desktop) and a sound understanding and knowledge of the civil engineering industry.
The Civil 3D engineering design software fundamentals course is designed for Civil Engineers, Land Surveyors and engineering designers who want to take advantage of Civil 3D software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality. You will learn techniques enabling you to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculation tasks, and layout pipe networks. Civil 3D supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows.
- Learn the AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface
- Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports
- Create points and point groups and work with survey figures
- Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces
- Create and edit alignments
- Create data shortcuts
- Create sites, profiles, and cross-sections
- Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections
- Create grading solutions
- Create gravity fed and pressure pipe networks
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations
- Use plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets
Qualify for State-funded Civil 3D Training
Westech College has contacted with the State of California’s Employment Training Panel (ETP) to offer State-funded CADD Training for the Southern California Region and our advisor can help you and your employer to quickly verify eligibility.
Please contact barry at (909) 980-4474 for enrollment.
State-funded CADD Training available to you at Westech College includes:
Our Program Locations
2061 Business Center Drive, #210
Irvine, CA 92612
9460 Sierra Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335
Los Angeles Campus
2116 Arlington Avenue, #246
Los Angeles, CA 90018
How to start your career
- Call us at (909) 980-4474 to speak with an Adviser.
- Visit our Schedule a Tour page and request information.
- Complete the form on this page to get answers to your questions.
- Find us on Facebook.
There is no cost or obligation with any of the options you choose.