All students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance if unable to meet educational costs on their own. Westech participates in several types of Title IV programs, most of which are based on financial need.
Students seeking financial assistance must first complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Financial Aid office will use this information to determine student’s eligibility and will assist them in deciding what resources are available to them. The Financial Aid office may request additional documentation to support the students request for Financial Aid.
Federal and State grants and loans will be disbursed to the student’s account to cover direct educational costs. Disbursements in excess of the direct costs will be refunded to the student (or parents in the case of a Plus loan).
Federal Financial Aid Information
To be eligible for financial aid, the applicant must:
- Demonstrate proof of financial need.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled in an eligible program.
- If male, be registered with selective service.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward graduation.
- Be a high school graduate or its equivalent
- Not be in default on a financial aid loan nor owe a refund to a financial aid grant received at any post secondary college or institution.
- And have completed U.S. Selective Service requirements, if applicable.
Financial Aid Programs
The following are brief descriptions of the Federal financial aid programs available at Westech College under the Title IV program.