Veterinary Assistant Career
Prepare for a promising career as a Veterinary Assistant in just a matter of months at Westech College. At one of the foremost Veterinary Assistant programs currently available in the area, you will get a good background on proper care for animals in laboratories, animal hospitals, and clinics. You will also learn how to administer medication, manage cages, and provide nursing care before and after surgery and other medical procedures. Don’t get stuck with one of those fly-by-night vet tech schools—Westech College will put you on the path to professional success.
The duties and responsibilities of a Veterinary Assistant may include:
- Preparing and insertion of I.V. catheters
- Cleaning and disinfecting cages, kennels, and exam and operation rooms
- Restraining animals during examination and laboratory procedures
- Maintaining and sterilizing surgical instruments and equipment
- Monitoring and caring for animals after surgery
- Helping provide emergency first aid to sick and injured animals
- Giving medication or immunizations that veterinarians prescribe
- Assisting in the collection of blood, urine, tissue samples, and fecal samples
- Preparing and applying bandages and splints
- Feeding, bathing, and exercising animals
How to start your career
- Call us at (844) 707-8243 to speak with an Adviser.
- Visit our Schedule a Tour page and request information.
- Complete the form on this page to get answers to your questions.
- Find us on Facebook.
There is no cost or obligation with any of the options you choose.
Career programs available to you at Westech College include:
- Computer Systems Technician
- Design Drafting Technology
- High School Diploma
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Fitness Trainer
- Veterinary Assistant