HVAC Technician Career
Heating and air conditioning technicians play an important role in our everyday lives. These behind-the-scenes pros keep us cool on sweltering summer days and warm on frigid winter nights. Imagine trying to work in a 90-degree office or trying to sleep in sub-freezing temperatures at night and the importance of HVAC techs quickly becomes apparent. As a graduate of our HVAC school you’ll make a real contribution each and every day.
HVAC technicians are in high demand, anywhere you live, especially in commercial buildings; as such, HVAC experts are needed.
Places of Employment
Where can you find work as an HVAC technician? Perhaps the more appropriate question is where can’t you find work as a heating and air conditioning pro? HVAC grads may start out as apprentices with an established company, gaining hands-on experience on the job. Others may opt to start their own business right away, as the flexibility of being your own boss is appealing to many.
The day-to-day duties and responsibilities of an HVAC technician may include any of the following:
- Using blueprints or design specifications to install or repair HVAC systems
- Connecting systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components
- Installing electrical wiring and controls and test for proper operation
- Inspecting and maintaining customers’ HVAC systems
- Testing individual components to determine necessary repairs
- Repairing or replacing worn or defective parts
- Determining HVAC systems’ energy use and make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Traveling to worksites
Skills You’ll Learn in Our HVAC Technician Program
A new career as an HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) technician is possible with just a few months of study at Westech College. In our HVAC Technician program, you will learn how to offer professional services in support of the heating and air conditioning systems used to control the temperature, humidity, and overall air quality in homes, businesses, and other buildings.
Our HVAC Technician program will also help you understand:
- How to install, maintain, and repair systems using sophisticated HVAC tools
- Recognize when it’s appropriate to seek the help of craft workers
- Operate in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
How to start your career
- Call us at (909) 980-4474 to speak with our Admissions Department.
- Visit our Schedule a Tour page and request information.
- Complete the form on this page to get answers to your questions.
- Find us on Facebook.
There is no cost or obligation with any of the options you choose.
Career programs available to you at Westech College include:
- Computer Systems Technician
- Design Drafting Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Fitness Trainer
- Veterinary Assistant